Our teams at Avalanche Studios are dedicated to creating huge open worlds, full of explosive, emergent gameplay and realistic outdoor experiences. Key to our success is recognizing and enabling shared learning, ensuring synergies and collaboration opportunities across divisions and projects. This is driven by continuously improving the quality of the shared Apex engine technology and tools, and through Crafts, a company structure for sharing and growing the knowledge base within all given disciplines, for future business needs. By not being embedded in a specific project or division, Crafts unite all discipline peers to look further than just to specific project needs.
Crafts create belonging and growth over time, regardless of project affiliation and a way for discipline peers to share knowledge, but also a stability for Craft members to evolve with the Company and not just through projects.
This role will be part of the Global People Organization and is headed up by the Chief People Officer who is part of the Company Management Group of the company. Learning & Development initiatives and processes are run by the same team, enabling close collaboration opportunities in how the Company grows talent on group and individual levels.
What you would be doing:
- Partner with Managing Directors, Directors of Development from each Division, translating business needs into plans and roadmaps of the Craft organization.
- Refine and develop the Craft structure, by owning, optimizing and improving processes and support, allowing for more long-term synergies and improvement initiatives.
- Coach Craft Leads in Craft efficiency/ improvement initiatives, long-term resource planning and training activities.
- Foster synergies and align Crafts’ globally across Divisions and locations.
- Establish processes and formats for high-lighting and making Craft work visible to the whole organization.
- Use feedback, metrics and retrospectives to drive and improve learning, synergies and collaboration through Crafts.
- Partner with HR in implementation of learning & development processes part of the Craft structure.
- Owner of budget planning for Crafts globally, including Craft and GDC Days.
- Personnel management of a group of Craft Managers.
Who you are:
- Have solid and relevant management experience from the game industry, understanding the nature of game development and with interest for gaming industry trends and development
- Have strong people communication and leadership skills, and experience from coaching and mentoring
- Process driven, with strong ability of understanding and creating value of business needs and teams
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with stakeholders in the organization.
- Are confident in giving others trust and mandate, and in following-up with constructive feedback on results and efforts.
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.