The Director of Development will be responsible for the production of a number of projects within Avalanche Partners. Avalanche Partners is a Creative Division within Avalanche Studios, dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open world games like Just Cause and Rage 2. Each creative unit is a fundamental part of Avalanche Studios but is operated as an autonomous business with a unique offering. The DD works with a Lead Producer for each project to ensure the smooth running of the project, as well as identifying and exploiting synergies between projects. This includes overseeing and tracking aspects such as budget, schedule, scope and quality, and risk mitigation. It also involves careful staff planning, in conjunction with studio staffing delegates, to ensure that the projects’ resource needs are fully satisfied. The DD reports to the Managing Director of Avalanche Partners.
- Coordinate the creation of pitches and produce production plans for new projects.
- Helps to define the division’s production goals and monitors the relevant KPI’s.
- Manage financial tracking for ongoing projects, coordinating between project leadership and the finance department.
- Oversee project risk mitigation efforts and ensure they are effective.
- Manage a team of producers, supporting them in solving problems or finding synergies and effectivisations.
- Operates within defined company policies and structures.
- Aligns with Company Management Group and other creative divisions to help find cross-unit synergies and opportunities.
- Proven track-record of shipping successful AAA titles at a high quality level.
- Experience of shipping multiple large-scale, AAA projects in a role at the highest level of project governance
- Experience working with external publishing partners at executive level
- Strategic mindset combined with operational effectiveness.
- Negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong experience in building and leading high performing teams.
- Fully proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Strong flexibility and time management skills
- Travelling availability to all locations included in the creative division.
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com