The Creative Art Director will be a part of the core leadership team for Expansive Worlds internal Creative Services department. In this position, the Creative Art Director will lead a multi-disciplinary team to concept and produce marketing materials used across Expansive World’s self-publishing marketing campaigns.
They will help to drive the growth and evolution of the Expansive Worlds and it’s Creative Services department. The right candidate will bring a balance of creative and management skills to deliver best-in-class creatives while growing their team members and driving process improvements.
- Concepts a range of original creative ideas for assigned projects and supports them confidently with rationale grounded in the creative brief.
- This person will be responsible for translating business goals into marketing and advertising materials from concept to completion
- Delivers Amazing Creative: Enforces high standards across creative deliverables no matter how big or small.
- Consumer Focused: Embraces consumer insights and research to make sure creative deliverables will resonate with the target audience.
- Ability to Scale & Enforce Process: The marketing landscape continues to diversify and grow, as a result this person will need to oversee the development of processes to maintain creative standards across a growing number of formats.
- Ensure consistency in design across all the online and offline marketing channels
- Lead all creative design and copywriting
- Lead the development and Adhere with brand guidelines, improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes.
- Manage & Mentor: Can grow and develop their team to take on new responsibilities and skills over time.
- Collaborative Mentality: Can partner well with other functions including development teams and other internal marketing groups.
- 7+ years leading an internal creative team/department
- Experience leading creative efforts across: print, digital, retail, social, events & video
- 3+ years working in gaming and/or entertainment is a plus
- Experience managing remotely a plus
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office. To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.