Avalanche Studios Group is opening a fourth location, in Liverpool, adding our unique games and culture to the city’s rich gaming heritage and established game development scene.
Avalanche Studios Group are looking for several enthusiastic and skilled Online Programmers to work with online technologies for our self-publishing division Systemic Reaction. At Systemic Reaction, you will work with some of the industry's most exciting technology and talented individuals. This is a great opportunity for the candidate who wants to work on some innovative gameplay titles that the studio is developing for both current and next gen platforms.
In addition to technical knowledge, we are looking for a self-motivated person with strong communication and collaboration skills.
- C/C++ expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid experience from working with common web technologies (ajax, js, html)
- Experience from working with databases and large datasets
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Strong math skills
- A large passion for games
- Experience developing tools and user interfaces
- A couple of years of professional experience from game development
- Game programming experience collaborating with designers on game features and design, implementation and iterations
- Professional python programming experience
- 3+ years working with real-time systems with memory and cpu limitations and optimizing code for such systems
- 2 years programming servers, designing protocols, working with databases and writing server-side logic.
- Coordinating game development in a cross-discipline, multi-site environment
- Planning tasks in an agile process
- 1 year programming for recent generation PC, XBOX and Playstation APIs
- Have worked on programming for 2 shipped games with multiplayer components and 1 shipped multiplatform game
Responsible for programming online components in a multi-platform open-world sandbox game, including designing and implementing online and multiplayer systems.
- Design interfaces for programmers to implement online and multiplayer features
- Cache and emulate serverlogic on client to keep interfaces simple.
- Optimize for client CPUand memory usage with real-time requirements.
- Optimize for server performance including call aggregation, protocol definitions and database queries.
- Design architecture of online and multiplayer engine layer of the code.
- Implement online and multiplayer systems in game
- Create tools to populate servers with data
- Platform abstract PC, XBOX and Playstation online and multiplayer systems
- Abstract online versus offline implementations of systems
- Design custom web services together with technology providers located off-site
- Translate design requests of online aware game features into technical specifications
- Lead junior programmer in daily activities, providing guidance and review work.
- Plan tasks for the online programming team together with the producer, considering long-term company goals and short-term design goals.
- Coordinate with other internal departments such as UI, design and other programming teams, and with external parties including 1st party publishers, online technology group, web service development
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.