Avalanche Studios Group is based in Stockholm, New York, Malmö and Liverpool, and spans over the creative divisions: Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds and Systemic Reaction.
As a platform programmer on this project you will work in a talented multi-discipline team, and be responsible for developing and maintaining many aspects of the game and core engine technology.
Your work will take you all over our proprietary Apex open world engine. You will work on new system development, maintaining and improving existing systems and workflows, profiling and optimization, supporting the link between the project and our central Apex technology and more. Making cutting edge, multi-platform, open world games you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of different systems including streaming, threading, memory management, platform and middleware abstractions and more.
We are looking to hire a senior programmer to develop and maintain platform specific features for our unannounced AAA project.
- Develop features that include profile management and savegames, leaderboards, achievements, online multiplayer frontend, DLC, user generated content, social media integration, and handling platform specific peripherals and input devices.
- Ensuring developed features are easily transferable and reusable across a range of game projects.
- In depth knowledge of C++
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree.
- Experience programming with recent generation PC and modern console APIs
- Has at least three years game development experience in a professional environment.
- Proven history of programming in a C family language.
- Advanced understanding of good software architecture.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experienced with console development across multiple platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration.
- The ability and desire to work in a team, often with different disciplines.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role you need to be able to go into either our our Stockholm or Malmo office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.