Avalanche Studios Group is based in Stockholm, New York, Malmö and Liverpool, and spans over the creative divisions: Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds and Systemic Reaction.
Avalanche Studios is looking for a Creative Director who will work on our brand-new AAA IP published by Xbox Game Studios: Contraband - a co-op smuggler’s paradise game set in the fictional world of 1970s Bayan, an island in SouthEast Asia.
- As a member of the team of directors, you will report to the Executive Producer and be responsible to guide the whole team through the different phases of the project.
- As the Creative Director, you work in collaboration with the Game Director and Design Director to own the vision for the player experience. You are in charge of the definition of the fantasy of our game and of the supervision of its execution across disciplines (art, animation, audio, narrative...). You set the emotional tone of the player experience and how it contributes to supporting their high-level motivation.
- With the Executive Producer and other directors, and in collaboration with the Publisher, you own the strategic development of the franchise beyond our current game (sequels, spin-offs, transmedia, etc.).
- As the Creative Director, you are the main evangelizer of the game and the franchise, internally (team, studio) and externally (publisher, press, community). You know how to win over an audience, you have presence on stage or in front of a camera, you inspire people and create this spark in their mind that instantly excites them about our projects.
- As a director, you have leads and directors as direct reports (art, animation, audio, narrative), acting as a mentor to grow their skills and leadership. You ensure that they set the right standards, understand the state of the art and how to guide their teams to reach beyond, while ensuring their visions converge through close cross-disciplinary collaboration and the respect of the project priorities.
- As a director, you handle the parts of the collaboration with the publisher (deliverables, milestones, alignment…) relevant to your area of ownership.
Experience & Qualifications:
- You have shipped multiple AAA titles in a Creative Director role preferably, or in another directorial role. You have worked on world renowned IPs that have generated huge followings of dedicated fans.
- You are a world class inspiring leader. You have high energy and it transfers to people around you. You make people dream and know how to build trust to guide them and make them achieve more than they would have ever imagined.
- You are a people leader, you inspire and navigate interpersonal relationships with tact and drive. You look for empowering people and help them to develop a growth mindset. You are constantly showing the way, being a problem solver and helping to guide and shepherd other disciplines along the way.
- You are an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing. You can stand in front of a crowd and adapt to the situation: you can create excitement and alignment or deliver difficult news while still nurturing a safe place for the team.
- You don’t shy away from difficult situations, you are the embodiment of radical candor: you challenge directly but you personally care. You build an inclusive place for people with diverse backgrounds while striving for individual growth and collective performances.
- You are comfortable thinking strategically while also being pragmatic about day to day executions. You can easily shift your mind between big picture topics and driving decisions or removing blockers for the team on the fly.
- You have an innovative spirit and can think outside of the box. You understand we have to keep a healthy balance between creativity, technological innovation and business requirements. You are comfortable working in a context filled with uncertainty while always thinking in terms of risks and performance.
- You are adaptable and will handle whatever the project throws at your plans. You understand the stress that change can bring on people but you gracefully drive everyone calmly through it while being unphased yourself.
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of a CV and who can work a few days a week from any of our offices. We support relocation if needed.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.