Avalanche Studios Group and its division Avalanche Studios are crafting our next cutting-edge AAA open-world game, and we are now looking for a highly skilled and motivated Gameplay Animator to join one of our exciting AAA projects at either of our studios in Stockholm or Liverpool.
Avalanche Studios Group is currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated Gameplay Animator to join one of our exciting AAA projects. As a game play animator you will be working with a talented team of programmers, designers and animators, to fully realize content for our in-game character features.
The ideal candidate will have experience breathing life into 3rd person player controlled characters as well as realizing NPC movement, performances and behaviors. This position requires you to take on a considerable amount of ownership and responsibility. You are expected to bring your passion, highly developed animation skills and creative problem solving to contribute to our project on many levels.
- Must be a highly skilled Animator who is passionate about animation and video games
- Strong skills and deep understanding of animation fundamentals in different styles (stylized, hyper-realistic, cartoony, etc.) - The position in question is focusing on a stylized animation style.
- Strong skills animating creatures big and small, both realistic and fantasy-based.
- Ability to collaborate with the Animation Director to ensure that animation content meets the expectations of quality, consistency and style
- Have accomplished observational skills (a keen eye) coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing
- 5+ years of experience working as an Animator in the games industry
- Be able to demonstrate and excel in production of key-framed character animation for both humans and creatures
- Accomplished knowledge of current animation techniques and 3rd party animation Software (Motion Builder most importantly, but other packages are useful to know)
- Experience working with and creatively manipulating motion capture.
- Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- A desire to push animation in video-games to new levels of believability
- At least one shipped AAA title
- Experience working with additive, partial and layered animation systems
- A good knowledge of setting up/working with animation state machines and blend trees
- Basic understanding of rigging and scripting
- A keen gamer who keeps up to date with industry related developments
At Avalanche Studios Group, we provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career. We believe in worlds beyond limits and are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity at our company and believe that everyone at Video game Company Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider candidates who have submitted their CV and who can work from one of our studios in Stockholm or Malmö, a few days a week. To apply for this position, please register on our website. We review applications on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as possible. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
The Stockholm location
Our Stockholm office is situated in Södermalm, the beating heart of the city’s game industry. It’s a physical representation of our games – the lush vegetation of Just Cause and theHunter: Call of the Wild meets corroded metal straight out of Mad Max. It has everything you need to make it your creative base camp.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we create worlds beyond limits. But that’s not exclusive to our games, so we’re committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. All Avalanchers have a shared responsibility to create an open work environment where everyone is treated equally and respectfully. Being part of our world is not contingent on your heritage, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please register below and provide your CV in English. We review applications continuously. All further studio-related information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement.