STOCKHOLM – June 21, 2022 – Expansive Worlds, a creative division within Avalanche Studios Group and the studio behind the hit immersive hunting game theHunter: Call of the Wild™, has revealed a new open world fishing experience: Call of the Wild: The Angler™. Ride the waters and explore a vast, atmospheric environment in search of the perfect fishing spot. Play on your own or with friends in online co-op for up to 12 players when it hits PC via Steam, the Microsoft Store, and Epic Games Store later this year, with consoles to follow.
Reveal Trailer: https://youtu.be/-QnxwKppyGo
Embark on a journey to become a master angler on your own terms in Call of the Wild: The Angler. Explore the captivating outdoor wilderness filled with surprises, go on the hunt for elusive trophy fish, or just unwind and have fun on your own or with friends in co-op. Choose your gear, perfect your fishing know-how, and savor the thrill of hooking that unforgettable catch.
“Call of the Wild: The Angler represents a new vision from our team that goes beyond what you’d expect from a fishing game in a lot of fun ways. Whether you love the thrill of the sport or the quiet joy of exploring the outdoors, this is an experience that’s great to enjoy on your own or shared with friends,” said Paul Rustchynsky, Game Director at Expansive Worlds.
“With the incredible success of theHunter: Call of the Wild, we’ve mastered the art of creating a world-class experience that captures the authenticity and natural beauty of the outdoors. Call of the Wild: The Angler lets us build even further on our expertise, providing our genre-defying take on fishing and continuing our long-term strategy to be leaders in the outdoor genre. We couldn’t be more excited to bring it to players around the world later this year,” said Expansive Worlds Managing Director Samuel Peterson.
- Explore an Atmospheric Open World: Discover breathtaking fishing spots across sprawling waterways by foot, boat, or off-road vehicle. Traverse a living world at your own pace, discovering winding rivers, soaring peaks, hidden ponds and springs, and epic hiking trails.
- Feel the Genuine Thrill of Freshwater Fishing: Battle fierce Largemouth Bass, Mountain Whitefish and more in an engaging, accessible fishing experience. Each species has its own unique behavior, requiring you to carefully counter their movements to reel them in.
- Become a Master Angler: Learn expert techniques and adapt your strategy to land the most challenging catches. Build out your collection of gear and use a wide range of rods, fully customizable with a growing selection of reels, lines, floats, hooks, lures, and bait.
- Play Solo or With Friends: Ride the open waters on your own or share the journey with friends in online drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer for up to 12 players. Team up with fellow anglers and go on unforgettable journeys together!
- Enjoy an Evolving Stream of New Content: Call of the Wild: The Angler will continue to deliver memorable new fishing experiences with regular post-launch content updates.
Follow the game on Twitter at @COTWTheAngler. Join the team on Wednesday, June 22 at 4 p.m. CEST/10 a.m. EDT for a Q&A about the game on twitch.tv/expansiveworlds.
Communications Manager, Expansive Worlds
+46 72 312 32 60