Stockholm, November 27, 2019 – The initial machine invasion has been temporarily halted, but an even more terrifying threat approaches from the snow-covered island of Himfjäll. Avalanche Studios is proud to announce that Alpine Unrest, the first expansion for the atmospheric open world first-person shooter Generation Zero, is now live. The expansion can be played alone or with up to three friends and features a whole new island to explore, more menacing machines, a new arsenal expanding the game’s tactical combat, as well as a host of additional achievements and collectibles. Last but not least, for the first time, players will come face to face with other survivors.
Alpine Unrest is set in December 1989 and picks up the story one month after the population mysteriously vanished overnight. Players have since discovered the mastermind behind the event, and the traces have led them to the Himfjäll island, a once popular ski resort. Here players will discover other survivors but also a new and even deadlier type of enemy, the apocalypse class machines.
Stalking the snow-covered island and wielding a wide array of vile weapons, the Apocalypse Class machines poses the biggest challenge yet in Generation Zero. Fortunately, players will have the opportunity to even the odds with the new KVM 89 Squad Automatic Weapon and KVM 59 Machine Gun.
“Generation Zero introduced fans to an ominous open world and Alpine Unrest builds on that experience,” said Paul Keslin, Product Owner at Avalanche Studios. “This is our first expansion and a labor of love for the team. After launch we’ve been absorbing feedback from fans and started turning it into action. Since launch, we’ve responded to fan feedback via our monthly updates with new content, features, and quality-of-life improvements. We’re excited to let players explore Himfjäll, find new ways of taking on the machines, and continue their collaboration with us as we go on this journey together.”
Alpine Unrest - Key Features
- A new island - Explore the beautiful, yet treacherous, snow-covered island of Himfjäll and expand on the story of Generation Zero with new missions.
- Survivors - For the first time meet with other survivors that will offer players a safe haven against the machine threat.
- Deadlier enemies - Do battle with the fearsome new Apocalypse Class machines, equipped with vile weapons like flamethrowers and biochemical bullets.
- Expanded arsenal - Take on the new foes with the powerful KVM 89 Squad Automatic Weapon and KVM 59 Machine Gun.
- New achievements and collectables - Delve deeper into the mystery by finding lost dictaphone journal entries and character biographies, and try to complete a new batch of achievements.
The Apocalypse Class machines and new weaponry releasing with Alpine Unrest will be available to all Generation Zero players, regardless of expansion ownership.