We’re thrilled to see communities around the world express their creativity through our brands and games. It’s something we encourage and value deeply. However, our intellectual properties are our bread and butter, so we’ve set up some guidelines on what you can and can’t do when creating fan content.
“Fan Content” can be anything you create in connection with Avalanche Intellectual Property such as videos, streaming content and artwork. The key is that “Fan Content” includes your own creative input. Otherwise it’s just plagiarism, and that’s not cool.
“Avalanche Intellectual Property” includes without limitation any games, gameplay, plots, artwork, locations, characters and other materials published by Fatalist Development AB or its affiliates, including Expansive Worlds AB and Systemic Reaction AB (d.b.a. Avalanche Studios Group).
Your use of Avalanche Intellectual Property in your Fan Content is governed by these rules:
1. Fan Content you make must be available to anyone and free of charge. You cannot request payment, subscription, registration or any other form of compensation or performance to access your Fan content. You can however monetize Fan content on platforms such as Youtube and Twitch via advertising and partner programs.
2. You cannot say or imply that your Fan Content is endorsed or approved by us. Better yet, include the following disclaimer:
Parts of the materials used are property of Fatalist Development or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This material is not approved or endorsed by Fatalist Development AB or any of its affiliates.
3. The permitted use of music from our games is different from game to game. We cannot guarantee that music you use from our games won’t trigger any content flags or copyright strikes. To avoid any potential issues, please do not use music content.
4. You alone are responsible for making sure that your Fan Content doesn't violate any laws or regulations, this Policy, our End User License Agreement(s) or our Terms of Service. We can’t give you any individual or specific approval or clearance.
5. We reserve the right to report or remove (or have removed) any Fan Content that we in our discretion believe is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or inconsistent with our values as a company, this Policy, our End User License Agreement(s) or our Terms of Service.
6. We will probably update this Policy from time to time. Please refer to the latest version before sharing your Fan Content with the community.
If you have any questions about this policy, please reach out to [email protected]
Last updated: 2022-05-31